Thursday, March 19, 2009

Reality Hits Hard

Last weekend I was able to attend the Hearts-at-Home National Conference in Bloomington, IL. It's a great event for moms of all ages and in all stages. You get refreshed and encouraged in your efforts to be a great mom and wife. I love the event and suggest it for all women as there is something for everyone. They have two more conferences scheduled for this year. If you need a refresher, check out their website at http://hearts-at-home.org for more info.

Before I got home, I started feeling like I could be coming down with something. Headaches, chills, body aches...the works all hit me Sunday. I have been sick all week and today have only a whisper left of my voice. On top of not feeling well, my 7-year old, Joel, has been sick all week and has not attended school yet. He seems to be even worse off than I do, and he will have to take the fun, 10-day, antibiotic treatment. We've spent time relaxing, but you can only relax so much while feeling badly. We've had lots of homework, laundry, nose-blowing, spitting, sleeping, TV watching, . . you get the idea!

I can't help fearing that my 10 year old is next. He's been able to go to school and he has been very helpful bringing home Joel's work, refilling drinks, emptying trash - all the fun stuff. We are praying for thorough recovery for the entire family.

The reality of life usually hits pretty hard after a personal retreat like I had at the conference, but reality is a good reminder of a REAL God that gets us through. Hope you see the joy in your reality this week. P.S. Spring is Coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment