Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Clarity in the Midst of Mess

Today, I had a realization! And with it came a sense of peace in my life.

Lately there has been a lot of confusion in our lives. After around 20 years of doing the same job, and working for the same company, Scott has found himself in the midst of transition. It has been a dramatic and, at times, stressful few weeks around here. Being in the unknown makes it difficult to maneuver. Scott carries most of the stress and I seem to carry the drama.
We are currently looking for answers and job leads. We are trying to gain some understanding and direction, but find it leads to more waiting. While emailing a friend today, I had the realization that I think God has us right where we are supposed to be.
If I really believe that everything happens for a reason, then I have to believe that this period in our lives is necessary, and possibly even beneficial (as stressful as it seems). I believe God is wanting us to depend on Him in a way we haven't before. He wants us to seek Him in all things and to not worry. We can't worry if we leave things in His hands. There is not anything to worry about if we give ourselves and our family and our future completely to God. He is more than capable. This is what it means to acknowledge Him in all our ways, to commit our actions to Him, to wait patiently for Him, and to worry about nothing.
The clarity came when I realized that God has our family here for a reason. It is God who is moving and working in our family for our good. I don't have to worry. I don't. Today we are in the middle of what seems like a big mess, but I have clarity that the mess is not mine. It is God's....if I allow Him to take it over and clean it up.

What unknowns are you in the midst of today? this week? this month? this season in your life?What burdens are you facing that cause stress when you try to carry it on your own?
Today I realized clarity is not seeing the way out, but knowing (and accepting) I am supposed to be here in the midst of it all.

Psalm 37:7 "Be still in the presence of the LORD and wait patiently for Him to act."

No comments:

Post a Comment